Sunday, April 29, 2012

Home Sweet Home



Whew!!!  My move to my new home - a Wenzel cabin tent - has been complete, much thanks to Nancy and her pickup truck.  Yes, this is my first dwelling in Whisperwood.  It sits on the upper shelf near a sunny, grassy knoll, and rose in an hour with the help of young Azalea (who primarily served a supervisory function) and Nichole (who wasn't afraid to read the directions).   This was accomplished while AK and Alan enlarged the sunny slope for the solar panel and garden, all the while regaling me of scary bear stories.  I imagine my subsequent dwellings will take a tad longer to build, but here's a start, and I am SO happy to be here, launching a life-long dream of being a Writer in the Woods!

8 comments:

  1. Happy May Day Pamela! There are known faeries in these woods so if you hear tinkling bells and see dancing milkweed puffs it is just your welcoming to this sacred old beautiful place.
    Micheal O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Micheal. I'll keep an eye out for 'em!

      Delete
  2. You fortunate and brave woman to have the courage to dream, and then to persevere to make it real. May your life in Whisperwood be safe, and idyllic. -sipra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sipra. From one brave soul to another...

      Delete
  3. Pamela, what a wonderful journey unfolding! May your writing flourish in this amazing place. I will look forward to hearing more of your stories. Since you read the first ones to me I want to hear more!!!!
    Arkansas never seemed like a healing place. But becomes more magical for me each season. I hope you feel that magic too. May the trees surround you with all the loving energy of the earth. Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pamela, I am in awe of your courage and strength. I am amaazed that you seek what you want/need and receive what you work for. Good job! Be happy, Stay kind. Tell the bear thanks for showing you the perimeter. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, Betty! Yeah, I'll be sure to let him know the next time I see him!

    ReplyDelete

No profile or account? Include your name in your comment, then select Comment as: Anonymous and click Publish.